Looking for new customers? You can help guide them through a myriad of server room concerns, from cost to space to cooling to security. But what kind of questions can you expect? Here are five difficult questions to look out for:
- 1. Why is it so expensive? NetShelter™ CX enclosures cost more than a typical rack, but because it is fan-cooled, customers can save on air conditioning costs over its lifetime. NetShelter CX fits almost anywhere in your office and muffles about 90 percent of the noise from the equipment it houses, so it can be placed in the same space where your employees are working without disruption, which can potentially save you $14,000 or more on construction costs.
- 2. What if the AC in my building is shut off in the evenings and on weekends? Won’t our equipment get too hot? Room temperature of 79 ºF or less is ideal. And new guidelines from ASHRAE® show that IT equipment can safely run at temperatures as high as 133 ºF and humidity as high as 90 percent for shorter periods of time. But because they typically run with significantly less load when the office is closed, your servers won’t get too hot.
- 3. If the CX is portable, what’s to stop someone from rolling it right out of the room? Our worry-free bolt-down kit prevents anyone from moving or making off with the enclosure. This benefits companies that require tight security or who are located in earthquake-prone areas.
- 4. The CX looks like a piece of furniture. Is it really secure? All sides are completely lockable, including the fan module. We recently launched a new option for a High Security Adapter Kit, now users will be able to set a code lock or use a proximity card to unlock the handle, which is particularly useful for adhering to privacy laws.
- 5. What if there’s a fire in or near the enclosure? NetShelter CX is constructed from fire-resistant materials, inside and out.