In technology, a change in one area often requires an upgrade in another. Similarly, computing trends have a ripple effect on your customers’ IT infrastructure. New trends like virtualization/cloud computing and unified communications impact how IT professionals need to power and cool their data centers. APC™ by Schneider Electric™ offers solutions integral to helping you maintain harmony in your customers’ IT space.
The virtualization / cloud computing dilemma
With CapEx dollars becoming an endangered species, more businesses are moving toward virtualization and cloud computing to increase capacity, implement a failover site, or improve their disaster recovery strategy. Although consolidation frees up space and reduces overall server room and data center costs, the increased density and heat created requires scalable, modular, and energy efficient power and cooling solutions to ensure that critical systems continue to operate. Similarly, customers who have embraced the cloud model need to change the way they address power and cooling in the new high density, dynamic load environment.
So it makes sense to move cautiously and include physical infrastructure management as part of the solution. APC by Schneider Electric solutions can help your customers achieve the dynamic power, cooling, and management that can maximize virtualization and cloud benefits.
- Power – Scalable, modular, energy efficient power lets customers add power as needed. Our modular three-phase PDUs, industry-leading UPS units, and power protection create high efficiency solutions.
- Cooling – Choose from a complete portfolio of solutions from rack to row to room to building, including InRow™ units, precision air conditioning, and chillers.
- Racks – Agile, modular rack systems maximize space, enhance cooling of high density loads, and are brand neutral.
- Monitoring software – StruxureWare™ for Data Centers provides visibility across the total data center and integrates with leading virtualization software solutions.
- Containment systems – Cooling solutions that can accommodate high densities and rapidly shifting loads.
- Managed services – Include energy audits, data center assessments, as well as managed services or outsourced IT as part of your offering.
Unified communications opens up new opportunities
Unified communications are also on the increase as businesses improve processes and enhance communications by reducing latency, managing flows, and eliminating device and media dependencies. But it’s an evolving set of technologies. Schneider Electric and Cisco have jointly developed three solutions to help manage the infrastructure behind unified communications.