Rules and Regulations
1. Participant agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions, and rules and regulations, and all amendments of this Campaign hereunder by registering his user account on http://myenergyuniversity.com.
2. The Campaign Period commences at 00:00, 4 May, 2016 and ends 23:59, 31 December 2016 Hong Kong local time.
3. All user accounts must be registered via the Energy University website (http://myenergyuniversity.com) in the Campaign Period. Submission through other channel is not accepted.
4. All user accounts with “Hong Kong” under “Country” in the profile registered during the competition period will be entered the competition automatically.
5. Any Participant found to register more than one user account will be disqualified and any award / certificate granted will be withdrawn as well.
6. Participant providing false information or failing to provide sufficient or genuine information will be disqualified. Participant or any person (as determined by Schneider Electric at its sole discretion) who does not abide by the requirements, rules, terms or conditions as set out in this Campaign may result in disqualification from this Campaign. Any such disqualification shall be at the absolute discretion of Schneider Electric. The decision of Schneider Electric shall be final and binding on all parties concerned.
7. Employees and their immediate family members of Schneider Electric and its affiliate are not eligible for this Campaign.
8. Schneider Electric reserves the rights to disclose, exhibit or publicise the winners’ names, company or institution names, award ceremony photos and the total number of courses taken on http://myenergyuniversity.com in any form pursuant to Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (CAP 486).
9. Winners of the prizes may be invited to attend the award ceremony, with date to be confirmed.
10. A notification letter with collection details will be mailed to the winner after 31 December 2016 and before 28 Feb 2017. The awards are not applicable if the winners could not provide sufficient personal data for verification such as HKID, e-mail, contact details, company business card or institution certificate which match the profile of the registered user account. If the winner cannot be contacted within four (4) weeks after the notification letter has been mailed or the winner is unable to accept the prize within four (4) weeks, his right to the prize will be automatically void.
11. Prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other items or services. Taxes and other financial obligations arising from participation in this Campaign or as a result of the receipt or use of the prize will be borne by Participant.
12. Apart from the prizes awarded to the winners, Participant shall not be entitled to any remuneration, payment or compensation for participating in this Campaign.
13. Schneider Electric takes no responsibility for the contents of this Campaign including courses, materials, videos, audios, articles, pictures, wording and all information herein provided, and make no representation as to its accuracy or completeness and expressly disclaim any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from or in reliance upon the whole or any part of this Campaign.
14. Schneider Electric in no event shall be liable for damages, direct or indirect, resulting from participation in this Campaign, nor for any technical malfunctions, failures or delays with respect to participation in this Campaign or designation of Participant. In addition, participation in this Campaign or use of the prize is entirely at the own risk of Participant and for his own account. Schneider Electric in no event shall be liable for any damages, direct and/or indirect, arising from or in any way connected with this Campaign.
15. Participant declare, warrant, agree and undertake that Schneider Electric and its affiliates own the intellectual property rights of the Campaign document, including logo, trademark, service mark, signs, business name, company name, goodwill, know-how, patent, copyright, design. Unless prior written authorization is obtained from Schneider Electric, any printing, reproduction, adaption, distribution, dissemination, making available to the public or other use of such works is strictly prohibited.
16. Participant declare, warrant, agree and undertake that all confidential information disclosed during this Campaign shall remain confidential, including business plan, personnel data, and trade secret. Unless prior written authorization is obtained from Schneider Electric and its affiliates, disclosure to any third parties of such information is strictly prohibited. Such confidentiality obligation of Participant shall, notwithstanding any earlier withdrawn from this Campaign, continue for a period of two (2) years from the termination of this Campaign.
17. Schneider Electric reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions as well as to vary or terminate this Campaign without prior notice. Participant shall not be entitled to any compensation as a consequence to such cancellation, modification or suspension of this Campaign.
18. Schneider Electric’s decision regarding all aspects of this Campaign is final and binding on all parties concerned.
19. Should any discrepancy exist between the English and other language versions of this Campaign, the English version shall prevail.
“The True Energy Efficiency Catalysts” Award
Prizes to commend individuals in pursuing energy efficiency knowledge to foster a healthier planet.
*Terms & Conditions apply