What is good for the climate is good for the economy
We are committed to utilizing our unique position to fight climate change through our own actions and goals but also driving energy efficiency across the markets we serve, we are helping to curb global energy demand while also closing the energy gap throughout rural communities.
Our 10 commitments to a sustainable future
- 100% Ensure CO2 impact quantification for 100% of new large customer projects.
- 100% Design 100% of new offers with Schneider ecoDesign Way™ and realize 75% of product revenue with Green Premium™ eco-Label™.
- 120,000 Avoid 120,000 tons of CO2 through circular economy “end-of-life” services.
- 50M Facilitate access to lighting and communication with low-carbon solutions for 50 million inhabitants at the base of the pyramid in 10 years.
- Implement storage initiatives to develop renewable energy and mini grids.
- 5 years Solve SF6 issues in 5 years and eliminate SF6 from Schneider Electric products in 10 years.
- 3.5% Reduce our energy intensity by 3.5% per annum.
- 3.5% Reduce our transportation CO2 emissions by 3.5% per annum.
- €10B Invest €10B in R&D and innovation in sustainability in the next 10 years.
- Climate Bond Issue a Climate Bond to finance low CO2 R&D across our business units.
COP23 Bonn creates the space and momentum for sharing our long-standing commitments to sustainable development.• Demonstrate that the current technologies can help to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
It is a key opportunity for us to:
• Actively mobilize the society, creating awareness about climate change
• Align in discussions with global stakeholders
• Show our achievements through the Planet & Society Barometer
> Read the press release
On December 12, 2017, two years after the adoption of the Paris Agreement, France will hold a new summit on climate mobilization. Organized by French President Emmanuel Macron, the summit aims to mobilize public and private funding for the projects outlined by the Paris climate agreement.